Whether you prefer to play tennis tournaments or just like playing with your friends, having a regular doubles partner will help your doubles game improve dramatically. If you are playing tournaments, having the same partner consistently will help to create constant wins. However, if you are alone and need to find a partner, here are a few tips that will make the search easier:
* The most simple tip of all; find someone better than you. Whether you are looking for a friendship or not, having a better player on your doubles team will not make your doubles team worse. Try not to just choose a partner over this factor, but you should never settle for a partner that will hold you back.
* Find a partner that will compliment your tennis game. If you have a huge serve, look for a partner with good volleys that can put away the crucial balls. Having two tennis games that compliment each other can add synergy to your team. Eventually you will get used to each other’s movements.
* If you are right handed, look for a lefty. Having one person of each handedness will give your doubles team an extra edge. If a ball goes to the center you can have two forehands in the middle. This gives your team a better central base on the court.
* Find a partner that will last. Never settle for someone who cares less about doubles than you. Many players are just interested in a pickup matc or two, so it’s important to try to find someone who is dedicated to playing a lot of matches with you. This will only create lasting success.
* Make sure your partner has a positive attitude. Mental game is extremely important on the tennis court, and it is essential to have a partner that will be supportive and keep your head in the game. Don’t choose a partner that gets angry on the court and reveals his/her emotions to your opponent. This can just lead to team drama and an advantage to the opponent.
Use these five tips to find a doubles partner that will fit your style of play perfectly. You could end up finding someone who will be around for awhile. Sometimes the relationship of just doubles partner can expand from tennis and turn into a best friend relationship. You never know who you can meet through tennis.